We often beg Allah swt for His forgiveness and to accept our thaubah especially during the month of Ramadhan. However, can we ourselves forgive those who have wronged us?…. for many of us, to forgive others is the most difficult and hardest thing to do in our life…. and yet everyone of us expects Allah swt to forgive us when we are constantly doing something against Allah’s wish.
We always expect Allah swt to forgive us but why we do not forgive others? Why is it so hardest? Is it because we feel we have been wronged, we feel hurt by their act? or we just simply because, we do not wish to forgive them? Or is it our ego which is preventing us from forgiving them?
I have never understood the power of forgiving others until i had to learn to forgive those who have wronged me, myself.
Why do we need to forgive others? Why is it that our beloved prophet Muhammad (saw) prescribed on us that we “must” forgive those who have wronged or hurt us deeply?
Our beloved nabi Muhammad (saw) forgave all those people who had hurt him by words, acts or insulted him, even some of them hurt him physically and even made attempts to kill him! He even forgave those who had killed his family members for example his uncle Hamza (ra). He still forgave them for doing all those harmful and cruel acts. He forgave them and accepted them as they are! Our nabi Muhammad (saw) even smiled back at them with full of mercy and sincerity, SubhanaAllah!
In Islam, forgiving others is a righteous deed, if someone sincerely forgive others, that act may bring to him a lot of benefits such as
1) Forgiving others makes a person’s heart feel calm and at ease from carrying a grudge against another for hurting us…..
2) Forgiving others cleanses and purifies the heart from the dark impurities that makes the qalb dark.
3) Forgiving others makes the heart feels lighter and unburdened by feelings of anger and discontentment.
4) To forgive is also an act of charity thus when we forgive others we are subconciously giving charity. Subhana Allah
5) If we forgive others, Allah swt will also forgive us and elevates us nearer to Jannatul Firdause in sha Allah
6) Unwillingness to forgive others is the character of Shaithan, thus it is very important for us to forgive others who have wronged us…that is the sunnah
7) Forgive others strengthens our imaan and taqwa towards Allah swt.
Thus, once we have forgiven others, we will feel contentment and light from carrying a heart full of anger and dissapoinment towards others, a very heavy load of negative energy indeed! (Sometimes it is overwhelming that we are unable to concerntrate on other matters, nauzubillahiminzaliq)
Once we have achieved that, we can move forward and give full concerntration towards our real purpose and responsibilities that we need to carry as a khalifa on this earth, concentrating on spiritual knowledge that can guide us to a straight path towards Allah in sha Allah.
Ya Allah, we beg You to forgive all of us for all our wrong doings.
Ya Allah please forgive all of us for all our sins. Ya Allah knowingly or unknowingly, constantly we are falling to sins, we beg You ya Allah for Your forgiveness for all our sins those we are committing consciously or otherwise.
Ya Allah please accept our forgiveness towards those who have wronged us, please accept our forgiveness and make our hearts (qalb) pure always in doing so….. Ameen ameeen ameeen Ya Allah.