Why do we need to perform our 1st pillar of Islam which is solah?
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah (RA) that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “The first thing for which a person will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be his Salah. If it is found to be complete then it will be recorded as complete, and if anything is lacking He will say: ‘Look and see if you can find any voluntary prayers with which to complete what he neglected of his obligatory prayers.’ Then the rest of his deeds will be reckoned in like manner.”(Sunan an-Nasa’i 466, Book 5, Hadith 19)
Solah is to sujud. Sujud is the reflection of our total slavery to Allah. There is a unique message when we put our head on the ground in full submission declaring that we belong to Allah and we are His servants obeying His decrees on earth before returning to Him.
Sujud is an obligatory act or wajib upon every one of us because it is one the most important requirements for every one of us to get to Jannah. It is our only available passport for us to be admitted into Jannah.
Solah is the first ibadah badaniah that will questioned in our graves by the Angels of Allah, The appointed Malaikat Munkar (a) and Nankir (a) will question all of us in our first home of barzakh – grave, itself.
Why is solah so important for us?
Solah is the only ibadah that will give us Isthiqamah to remember our Allah.
Solah is an individual meeting between the created and the Creator.
Solah is a way of thanking Allah.
Solah is a way of asking for forgiveness from Allah.
Solah is a way of asking for protection from any musibah.
Solah is a way of total submission through our body, mind and soul!
• to discipline our body to submit to Allah
• Allah swt made lot of physical benefits through the spiritual submission of solah
• every part of our body will face towards qiblah
• to focus our mind towards Allah and to remember Him
• to discipline our mind to give full submission towards Allah
• to control our mind from many unnecessary thoughts
• to stop thinking about dunya amusements and the problems.
• to concerntrate on the akhirah, our eternal abode
• it is a way for us to communicate all our concerns to our Creator
• to feel the presence of Allah when we have submitted ourselves with our body, mind and soul
• to show our true love – relationship towards Allah from the depth of our qalb
Thus, solah is a love relationship between the Creator and the created.
Ya Allah, we beg You to accept our solah so we can meet You forever in Jannatul Firdause. Ameeen ameeen ameeen Ya Allah.
Ya Allah, we beg You to grant us thoufeeq to perform our solah with istiqamah and with ikhlas. Ameen ameen ameen Ya Allah.