As mankind who have been thought to be righteous and respectful, we were thought to have a certain fear towards our parents, our teachers, higher authorities etc. If we do not have a certain fear instilled, we will be doing things without the thought for any laws, rules and regulation or anyone else.
However the biggest fear we need to instill in our qalb is fearing Allah. As believers, we all fear Allah and His might.
Fearing Allah means if we break His laws arrogantly without regret, do not submit our taubah and beg for His forgiveness then certainly we have to face the severe punishment.
So fearing Allah is actually fear of His unhappiness and about His punishments. Allah is All Merciful and Forgiving and He is our Creator and almighty Lord! Allah does not intent to punish His servants except those who are rebelliously breaking His laws and never do Taubah.
In our routine daily life being fearful of Allah is good especially when we can have a healthy fear of Allah.
What is healthy fear of Allah?
1) When we are doing righteos acts for Allah, that the intention must be only to please Allah (we fear that the intention may be not to please Allah)
2) When our aqidah is intact and we know our right and wrong, only to please Allah (we fear that the intention may be not to please Allah)
3) make lots of taubah for our sins knowingly and unknowingly, just to please Allah (we fear that the intention may be not to please Allah)
Why do we need to have a healthy fear of Allah?
1) to be blessed with Allah’s Rahmah and Maghfirah (fear that Allah is pleased or not)
2) to be blessed with Allah’s Redha (fear that Allah is pleased or not)
3) to be blessed with the ultimate reward that is Allah’s Redha and His Jannah (fear that Allah is pleased or not)
Ya Allah forgive all of us and grant Your Redha in dunia and akhirat Ameeen ameeen ameeen ya Allah