Ibn ‘Abbas reported that Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days.” The people asked,
“Not even jihad for the sake of Allah?” He said,
“Not even jihad for the sake of Allah, except in the case of a man who went out to fight giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and came back with nothing (i.e. he is martyred).”
Dzulhijjah is the 12th month in the Islamic calender. Once again Allah has bestowed upon us another sacred month for us to do more Ibadah for Allah.
For many of us who have not been blessed with the sacred call of Allah to Baitullah – Makkah to perform our Ibadah haj, we are still blessed with thoufeeq to accomplish special rewards from our own home in this sacred month of dzulhijjah.
SubhanalLah, Allah is great!
Allah swt granted special blessings in the first 10 days of the sacred month of Dzulhijjah. It is highly recommended to increase ibadahs in these blessed days, such as
• Repent asking for Allah’s forgiveness and Allah’s Rahmah and do Taubah sincerely.
• Increase whatever righteous deeds as much as possible
• Do Zikrullah and Solawat
• Fasting on specific days of Dzulhijjah especially on Arafah Day
• Recite the Noble Quran
• Increase the voluntary Solah with khushu’
• Always give thanks to Allah and be grateful for all the bounties that He has bestowed upon us
• Make lots of duas and supplications with zikruLlah and solawat
• Spend more in charity and involve in social welfare activities by all means.
• Perform ibadah Qurban.
• Feed the less fortunate and give alms to the needy
• Strive constantly to become a pious man
• Strictly adhere to the sunnah of our beloved Nabi (saw) and Nabi Ibrahim(a)
Ya Allah, O our beloved Lord, grant all of us victory with the barakah of Your beloved Nabi Khaleel Ibrahim (a) and beloved Nabi Muhammad (saw).
Ya Allah, O our beloved Lord please grant all of us thoufeeq and strength to sacrifice more for You ya Allah.